Sunday, May 9, 2010

That's what I love about Sundays...

I love Sundays!  My schedule varys greatly, but my favorite Sundays usually include:

1. 9am Children's Mass at St. Peter's (which is energetic, innocent, and beautiful)
2 Wedging myself into a comfy chair and reading the Worcester Telegram while sipping on coffee and clipping coupons
3. Singing in Choir at the 11:15am Mass
4. Cooking
5. ESL lesson planning/laundry/Blogging/grocery shopping
6. A long run in a nearby State park or forest

LOVE IT!

The homily at Mass today paralleled conflict resolution during the early days of our Church and the resolution of current issues within the Catholic Church today.  Msg. Scollen stressed that the "conflicts" witnessed in St. Paul's time are till relevant today and still require our thoughtful attention- culture integration, gender roles, placement of authority, etc.  I was struck by one verse in particular from the Gospel reading,  Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give [peace] to you. (John 14:27).  Not as the world gives....for me, this holds great significance!  No matter how many worldly possessions or public accolades we receive, true peace will always be beyond our grasp if we never look to God.  If we seek fulfillment through the world, then we will never attain it.  True fulfillment is through God.

No comments:

Post a Comment