
While I was reading My Life with the Saints, I remember chuckling at a sing-song phrase often recited by the author to Saint Anthony, something like "Saint Anthony, Saint Anthony, please come around. There is something lost that needs to be found." I remembered praying to/through Saint Anthony when I was younger, as I had an even greater proclivity to lose things back then. Recently, I had not relied on his intercession much and I thought that I should re-institute the use of such a prayer.
Over the past 2 weeks, I have "misplaced" everything from my keys, debit card, pens, socks, to a beautiful gift from a friend. After each instance, I said a heartfelt prayer to Saint Anthony and was able to find all of these things shortly after (thank you God for your guidance!). With the debit card, I was especially concerned and doubtful. After looking through my purse 2 or 3 times, searching my car, my pockets, I still couldn't find my card. My imagination went wild thinking of all the bad things that could happen if someone else found it first. I called my bank to cancel the card and felt relieved that at least if I didn't find it, no one else could use it. After an hour or two, I looked into my purse to get a pen and found my debit card in a side pocket... how could I have ever doubted you, Saint Anthony?
Today, I asked for your guidance again and you found my missing article. Thank you Saint Anthony for all the times you have helped me, past, present and future!
Over the past 2 weeks, I have "misplaced" everything from my keys, debit card, pens, socks, to a beautiful gift from a friend. After each instance, I said a heartfelt prayer to Saint Anthony and was able to find all of these things shortly after (thank you God for your guidance!). With the debit card, I was especially concerned and doubtful. After looking through my purse 2 or 3 times, searching my car, my pockets, I still couldn't find my card. My imagination went wild thinking of all the bad things that could happen if someone else found it first. I called my bank to cancel the card and felt relieved that at least if I didn't find it, no one else could use it. After an hour or two, I looked into my purse to get a pen and found my debit card in a side pocket... how could I have ever doubted you, Saint Anthony?
Today, I asked for your guidance again and you found my missing article. Thank you Saint Anthony for all the times you have helped me, past, present and future!
No comments:
Post a Comment