This morning, I went grocery shopping at a Farmers Market. The nearest market (on Saturdays at least) is 20 minutes away, which is an average distance by Texas standards, but it's quite far considering that my house is within a 5 min driving radius from 3 major grocery stores. Six booths were set-up selling a variety of things: bread, veggies, eggs, lamb meat, fish, shrimp, goat cheese, goat-milk ice cream, organic soaps, and flowers. Everyone was very friendly and happy to talk about their farm and how they operate. The sponsoring organization, Hill Country Farmers Market Association, even hired a guitarist to play mellow country songs to entertain the shoppers and sellers alike! Very quaint... Today, I bought red onions, yellow squash, red potatoes, fish, shrimp, and a loaf of honey wheat bread. The bread was amazing toasted with peanut butter! Can't wait to try everything else!
___________________________________________________________
A few days ago, I received a textbook in the mail that I had ordered online. When I opened the package, I noticed a Dewey decimal sticker on the front cover. Then, I looked on the back and noticed a bar code with small print lining the bottom, "Georgetown College Library". I thought, "Surely, this can't be a current library book," but thought I should do some investigating. As I scrolled through the college's online library catalog, I found this book... the very book that I was holding had been overdue since May of this year. Someone sold me a stolen library book! Just to make sure, I called the library and the director confirmed my suspicions. I immediately email the company (Alibris.com) and a representative from Customer Service sent me an email stating, "I can assure you that the book you received was not stolen from a library." Really? Are you serious?! So I asked the librarian to write a letter stating that the book was in fact stolen...
Craziness.

No comments:
Post a Comment