I was recently asked to comment on a mission trip that I attended with the Catholic Campus Center at my college. After reflecting upon my time in Mexico, I realize that time brings clarity and perspective to all experiences.
Here are my remarks:
"The time I spent in Mexico enriched my love for the Mexican culture, the language, and especially the people. After living and working in Quernavaca, I feel connected with the people and their struggles for economic and social justice. As humans and images of God's love, we are all united in solidarity through Christ. Thus, when one human suffers, we are all entrusted with the responsibility to comfort the suffering. The CCC Mexico Mission trip reinforced the ideology that as individual threads of the same tapestry, we can support each other and work together to weave a world of social justice and dignity for all."
added Jan 24th: 1 Corinthians 12 For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body. The body is not a single part, but many. God placed the parts, each one of them, in the body as he intended. Indeed, the parts of the body that seem to be weaker are all the more necessary....If one part suffers, all the parts suffer with it; if one part is honored, all the parts share its joy.
Thank you Debbie for giving us the opportunity to serve in Mexico!

Thank YOU Maddie for being one of those students whom I will never forget! You are a true woman of grace.
ReplyDelete